- Australian Venture Capital Funds. Under this stream, investment of at least A$500 000 in Australian venture capital or growth private equity funds investing in start-up and small private companies is mandatory. This amount is expected to increase to A$1 million within two (2) years.
- Managed Funds invested in small or micro cap companies. Applicants in this stream must invest at least A$1.5 million in this mandatory investment in eligible managed fund(s) or Listed Investment Companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). The complying funds must meet a certain standard requirements.
- Balance of Investment. The visa applicant is required to invest the remaining balance of investment into managed fund(s). Examples of this are:
- Australian Exchange Listed companies, A-REITs, infrastructure trusts, preference shares, convertible bonds or corporate issued floating rate notes.
- Australian corporate bonds or notes issued by an Australian exchange Listed entity or Australian friendly society insurance bonds.
- Deferred annuities issued by Australian Registered Life companies but cannot commence paybacks during the qualifying period.
- Commercial and industrial real estate. Residential real estate investment is restricted to 10% of the total net investment assets.
Prior to the visa being approved, all complying funds must meet certain requirements as detailed by the relevant authorities.
The Significant Investor (Provisional) Visa (SIV – 188)
Applicants for the Significant Investor Program first need to apply for the SIV Provisional Visa. This visa is valid for four (4) years. The complying investment made for the provisional visa must be held continuously for the four (4) years. Applicants must have assets of at least A$5 million that have been legally acquired for the complying investment. This visa has no age limit and no Business Innovation Point Test requirements.
The Significant Investor (Permanent) Visa (SIV – 888)
Applicants for the Significant Investor Permanent Visa are eligible to apply for it after they have maintained their complying investment for four (4) years. You will also need to meet the residency requirement of living a minimum of 160 days in Australia during the last four (4) years.Contact us for more information on your visa eligibility. Please call us at +61 413 910 985 or drop us an email at enquiry@GreatJourneyMigration.com.au.