Under the Visitor Visa category, you must have adequate funds to support yourself during the visit. The visa is only a temporary visa, so you must leave Australia on or before the date your visa ends. However you can submit another visa application while in Australia.
The Visitor Visa comprises four streams:
- The Tourist Stream. People visiting Australia for tourism or recreational activities such as holidays and sightseeing, or visiting relatives or friends may apply for this stream.
- The Sponsored Family Stream. This stream is for people travelling to Australia to visit family. You must have an eligible sponsor for the Sponsored Family Stream. The sponsor may be asked to provide a security bond payment. Any visa granted in this category will have a mandatory ‘no further stay’ condition.
- The Business Visitor Stream. This stream is for people visiting Australia for short business visits. A short business visit may include enquiring about a general business or employment opportunity, business negotiations or attending a conference, trade fair or seminar.
- The Organised Tour from China Stream. This stream is only available to nationals of the PRC but does not include citizens of Hong Kong and Macau. It is intended for people visiting Australia for tourism purposes.
Requirements and Obligations of Sponsors
- Sponsors must be a settled Australian citizen or permanent resident (usually more than 2 years). Sponsors must be older than 18 years of age.
- Sponsors must be related to the visa applicant. Relatives can include: partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or a ‘step’ or adopted equivalent of any of these relatives.
- A sponsor may be the relative of a person who is a member of the applicant’s family unit who is also applying for the Visitor Visa, for example, the partner of your brother or sister.
- As the sponsor, you must make sure that the visa holder complies with all visa conditions. This includes leaving Australia before their visa expires. Otherwise you, as the sponsor, are barred from sponsoring another visitor for five (5) years.
The Security Bond
Subject to DIBP Case Officer’s discretion, the security bond payment is usually between AUD$5 000 and AUD$15 000 per person. The security bond must be paid in full before the visa application is granted. The bond will be refunded back to the sponsor when your visitor leaves Australia before their visa expires. Your visitor must have complied with all their visa conditions.Contact us for more information on your visa eligibility. Please call us at +61 413 910 985 or drop us an email at enquiry@GreatJourneyMigration.com.au.